Free $20 Checks for Seniors
Northeast Philadelphia Chinese Association (NEPCA) of CultureTrust
Office: 1015 Cottman Ave.., Philadelphia, PA 19111
Mailing: 6331 Shelbourne St., Philadelphia, PA 19111
Phone: (267) 225-4628; Email: NEPCA.email@example.com
The mission of the Northeast Philadelphia Chinese Association is to serve the community by supporting advancements in culture, education, and economics and advocate engagement in community development.
Free $20 Checks for Seniors
2019 Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition program
The Northeast Philadelphia Chinese Association (NEPCA) of Culture Trust is working in partnership with the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (PCA) to distribute $20 check vouchers to the seniors to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables.
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture operates the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program
Bureau of Food Distribution,
2301 N Cameron St.
Harrisburg, PA 17110-9408
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging
642 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19131
WHERE: Double Care Adult Care Center
2900 -2914 Cottman Ave., (19149)
WHEN: 08/30/2019, Friday, 10:30am to 2pm
(No reservations required; distribution is on first-come first-served basis)
· Provides four $5.00 checks to eligible individuals
· Used to purchase Pennsylvania-grown fresh fruits and vegetables.
· Only valid at certified farmers' markets in Pennsylvania.
· Checks CANNOT be spent at other stores or outside of Pennsylvania.
· Eligible individual can receive ONE SET OF 4 CHECKS ONE (1) TIME per year only.
· 60 years old by 12/3/2019
· Resident in Philadelphia.
· Show ID or proof of age & address.
· Total 2018 household income of no more than: $23,107 (1 person), $31,284 (2 people) $39,461(3 people), $47,638 (4 people)
· No charge will be given from your purchase.
· Checks must be spent by November 30, 2019.
*Do-not write on the checks until the vendor asks you to sign them*
· ONLY fresh fruits and vegetables grown in Pennsylvania.
· Examples of eligible foods: Green beans, Blueberries, Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Corn, Eggplant, Grapes, Onions, Peaches, Peppers, Plums, Tomatoes etc.
· If you have any questions about what you are allowed to get or how much to buy, the market vendor can help you
Northeast Philadelphia Farmer Market Locations:
6434 Castor (at Hellerman) (19149)
Farmer Marker (Oxford Circle)
Wed.：12pm – 4pm
Frankford Transportation Center – Farmers Market
Bustleton & Frandord Aves. (19124)
Tues.： 2pm – 6pm
KleinLife Farmer Market
10100 Jamison Ave., (19116)
Tues.： 12pm – 4pm
Thank you for the supports of community partners in this effort:
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (PCA), Indochinese American Council (IAC),
Philadelphia Chinese United association (PCUA) , Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA)